As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer or mobile device, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization or among our affiliates within the United States or internationally.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve the Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your account, if you are an account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate the Services.
Personally Identifiable Information
- Your use of our Services is voluntary. However, if you wish to use certain feature of the Services, we may ask you to provide us with, or grant us access to, or permission to obtain, certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card/debit card number or other billing information, email address and postal address. For example, we collect Personal Information in connection with your registration to join the SellerDoor Site regardless of whether you are a consumer or a someone selling products (“Vendor Products”) via the Site and Services (“Vendor”). We also collect Personal Information on behalf of the vendor when you purchase their products via the Site. For Vendors, we also collect social media links, the business location and information about the Vendor Products sold on the site, which if you are a Vendor, you give us permission to display on the Site in order to offer the Services and help you sell the Vendor Products. When you complete your registration you become a “Member”. If you create an account using your login credentials from one of your Social Networking Service (“SNS”) accounts, we will be able to access and collect your name and email address and other Personal Information that your privacy settings on the SNS account permit us to access (such as your “real” name, profile picture, email address and other information you make publicly available via the applicable SNS).
- You can also purchase Vendor Products without registering by providing the same Personal Information.
- We also collect other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile webpage, as applicable (e.g., without limitation, age, date of birth, zip code, geo-location information and mobile device identification information (e.g., UDID) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
- We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Services and administer your inquiries. Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your Personal Information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, combining your zip code with your street address) in a way that enables you to be identified. But the same pieces of information are considered Non-Identifying Information when they are taken alone or combined only with other non-identifying information (for example, your viewing preferences). We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better or more personalized experience, to improve the quality and value of the Services and to analyze and understand how the Services are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
Transaction Data. We also collect transaction information related to purchases of Vendor Products consumers make ("Transaction Data"), including, but not limited to, purchase amount, purchase time and date and Vendor for each transaction. You give us the right to use your Transaction Data to provide the Services. You can remove any card information from the Services at any time by visiting your account. When you do so we will no longer capture future transactions associated with the card, but we will retain the Transaction Data associated with your cards for historical transactions as necessary to maintain your purchase history and rewards program progress and keep track of any applicable rewards (if any).
Information Related to Use of the Services. When you visit the Services, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a "”User”"), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("”Log Data”"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol ("”IP”") address, browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to the Services, pages of the Services that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on the Services, access times and dates and other statistics.
We use several third party services to collect, monitor and analyze this information in order to increase the Services’ functionality and user-friendliness, and to better tailor the Services to visitors’ needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors to the Services meet the criteria required to process their requests. Accordingly, Log Data is shared with these third party service providers (such as Google Analytics and Mailchimp) but does not include Personal Information.
"Web Beacons" (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user’s device, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We will not share any Personal Information that we have collected from or regarding you except as described below:
Information Shared with SellerDoor Vendors. When you join SellerDoor to buy Vendor Products using the Service, you may transact with participating merchants (“Vendors”) on the Site. When you do so, SellerDoor may provide your anonymous and/or aggregate transaction data to the SellerDoor Vendor in order to enable the Vendor to track the efficacy of their participation in the SellerDoor Site and Services. When you purchase Vendor Products we automatically share the Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information we collect from you necessary to fulfill your order.
Information Shared with Vendors. When you make a purchase from a Vendor we share the Transaction Information and Personal Data necessary to enable the Vendor to fulfill the order for the Vendor Products. Vendors shall comply with applicable law in their use of the information they may receive from us about you and shall not sell Personal Information or Transaction Data to third parties. However, be aware that Vendors may have their own privacy policies and may, if permitted by law, use your Personal Information to market their own products or services to you. If you wish to be removed or not receive communications from Vendor, please contact that Vendor directly.
Vendors, by using the Services to offer Vendor Products agree to comply with applicable law in their use of the Personal Information, Non-Identifying Information and Transaction Data they may receive via the Services, agree not to sell such information to third parties without the consent of the consumer providing such information and agree to comply with any request from any such consumer to not receive marketing communications from Vendor.
Information Shared with Third Parties. We may share aggregated information that does not include Personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others. SellerDoor cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of SellerDoor or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity.
Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. SellerDoor may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information and we will respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the Personal Information that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.
- Changing or Deleting Your Information: All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided to us in course of the use of the Services via their accounts or by contacting us. If you completely delete all such information, then your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your Personal Information from our database. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Services Purchased Directly Through SellerDoor. For SellerDoor Network Services you purchase directly through the SellerDoor app, such as Exclusive Offers for a SellerDoor Network Merchant you might purchase directly (as opposed to earning through loyalty points), you will have the opportunity to update or delete the Personal Information and credit card information stored with our third party service provider. If you delete this information, you will no longer be able to purchase such Exclusive Offers or other SellerDoor Network Services directly from SellerDoor or receive refunds for which you are eligible.
SellerDoor is very concerned with safeguarding your information. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). In some cases, we also encrypt sensitive information where it is stored on our systems.
We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored “personal data” (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on the Site or via the Application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request and obtain from us, once a year, free of charge, a list of third parties, if any, to which we disclosed their Personal Information for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year and the categories of PII shared with those third parties. If you are a California resident and wish to obtain that information, please submit your request by sending us an email at email@example.com with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line or by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to SellerDoor. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Links to Other Sites
The Services contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other sites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Services are not directed to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
© 2017 SellerDoor